Powerdirect Bill Smoothing
We created Powerdirect Bill Smoothing to make managing your energy bill payments easier and more predictable.
How? Simply by spreading the estimated total cost of your energy bills for the next year across equal monthly or fortnightly instalments. Weekly instalments may also be available for Direct Debit customers. This way, bill smoothing reduces the impact of changes due to seasonal energy use.
Bill Smoothing Terms and Conditions effective as at Monday 19th March 2018.
Bill Smoothing Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible for bill smoothing:
- you cannot have more than $200 of overdue debt with Powerdirect on any of your accounts;
- you cannot be on a “Promise to Pay” plan or hardship plan with Powerdirect.
- Bill smoothing is only available to residential and small business customers
- You agree to pay your bill smoothing payments via Direct Debit (see Direct Debit terms and conditions) unless you have told us you want to pay by another method approved by Powerdirect.
- You agree to receive your bill smoothing review letter by email unless you have told us you want to receive a paper copy by post. A fee may apply for paper bills.
- Powerdirect may vary these Bill Smoothing Terms and Conditions at any time. If we vary these bill smoothing terms and conditions, we will provide you with written notice of the change as soon as practicable, which may be after the variation takes effect, and in any event, no later than on your next bill.
Bill smoothing payment, calculation and review
- Your bill smoothing payments will be based on your consumption history where available. If Powerdirect has no consumption history available, Powerdirect will estimate your consumption based on information available to Powerdirect at the time.
- You agree that bill smoothing payments do not represent your actual consumption. You will be required to pay for your actual consumption if it is more than the amount you have paid for. This will be managed through the bill smoothing review process.
- If you have elected to make your bill smoothing payments on a monthly, rather than a fortnightly or weekly basis, your chosen payment date cannot be the 29th, 30th or 31st day of any given month. In the event that one of those dates is selected, your payment date will be deferred to the 1st day of the following month.
- You can request a payment deferral for up to one month’s worth of payments over the term of your bill smoothing arrangement. This, or these, deferred bill smoothing payment/s will be pro-rated over the remaining months in the bill smoothing term.
- Powerdirect will review your bill smoothing arrangements periodically (usually in line with your billing cycle and meter reads) to assess whether your bill smoothing payments are appropriate with regard to the energy being consumed.
- Each time Powerdirect conducts a review, you will receive a bill smoothing review letter with information relevant to your payments.
- Following a review, if required, your bill smoothing payment amount will be adjusted and you will be advised of the changes. Any undercharging or overcharging will be adjusted in accordance with our regulatory requirements – this may mean you are required to make an extra payment to Powerdirect or that Powerdirect will repay you any overpayment.
- You can choose to increase your bill smoothing payments or to make an extra payment at any time.
- If we cancel your bill smoothing payment arrangement, any outstanding amounts owing on your account must be paid in full.
Bill smoothing term
- Your bill smoothing arrangement has a term of approximately 12 months; the exact duration of the term may vary, depending on the timing of your meter reads.
- At the end of the term Powerdirect will provide you with a reconciliation which details the payments and charges for the 12 months and may offer you a further bill smoothing arrangement for a further 12 month term.
- At the end of each term Powerdirect will advise you of any outstanding debits or credits. If your account is in debit you will be required to pay the outstanding amount. If your account is in credit, the amount can either be refunded or can remain on your account to pay future bills.
Cancelling your bill smoothing arrangement
- Powerdirect may cancel your bill smoothing arrangement if you do not make your bill smoothing payments or if you have an outstanding debt with Powerdirect.
- If you move house your bill smoothing arrangement will be automatically cancelled. You can apply to set up bill smoothing at your new house.
- If you switch providers, your Powerdirect bill smoothing arrangement will be automatically cancelled.
- If you no longer wish to pay via bill smoothing then you must contact Powerdirect and give at least 3 business days’ notice prior to the due date of your next Bill Smoothing payment.
- Powerdirect reserves the right to, at any time, withdraw this product or stop or change a bill smoothing arrangement with 14 days prior notice. In the event that Powerdirect ceases to trade, all bill smoothing arrangements will be cancelled immediately and you will be notified.
- If your bill smoothing payment arrangement is cancelled for any reason, Powerdirect will provide you with a reconciliation which details the payments and charges to the point of cancellation. If your account is in debit you will be required to pay the outstanding amount. If your account is in credit, the amount will be refunded.
Contact Powerdirect Customer Service on 1300 307 966 for assistance or if you have a dispute about any agreement details.