Find out if you're eligible for extra help with your bill
You may qualify for various concessions, grants and rebates administered by us on behalf of the Queensland State Government.
To be eligible, you must be a resident of Queensland and have one of these concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Queensland Government Seniors Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Cards (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower, or Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate pensions)
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Asylum seeker status (ImmiCard details required).
Generally, a concession can be claimed only if:
- you're a resident of QLD
- the electricity account is in the name of the concession card holder
- the supply address is the domestic primary place of residence.
Generally, you can claim a concession, grant or rebate for premises where you live alone or share the home with:
- your spouse
- other persons who hold an eligible concession card
- other persons wholly dependent on you
- other persons who receive an income support payment from Centrelink, the Family Assistance Office, or the Department of Veterans' Affairs and who do not pay rent
- other persons who live with the cardholder to provide care and assistance, and who do not pay rent.
Applicants must also declare that no other persons except casual visitors share the residence with them. If you live in a caravan park or multi-unit residential building (e.g. apartment), you must also show that your electricity is paid on the basis of metered consumption.
The following cards are ineligible:
- Health Care Card for Child Disability and Foster Care issued in the name of the child
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold EDA Cards
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Cards.
Eligibility conditions vary, and may change from time to time. Find the latest information below, or visit the Queensland Government's concessions website.