Find out if you're eligible for extra help or assistance with your bill
As a Powerdirect customer, you may qualify for various concessions from the SA Government. These concessions are managed by the Department of Human Services (DHS), which can be contacted via its hotline on 1800 307 758.
You must be a resident of South Australia to be eligible for any of the below concessions, grants or rebates.
You may be eligible if you have one of the following cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions)
- Centrelink Health Care Card (including a low income health care card)
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card.
- DVA Gold Card issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004.
You may also be eligible if you receive certain Centrelink allowances or if you hold Asylum Seeker status.
To claim your concession:
- the address for which you are claiming must be your principal place of residence
- the energy account must be in the name of the concession cardholder
- you must not be living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year, unless they are your spouse/domestic partner/dependant, or they receive an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Eligibility conditions vary, and may change from time to time. Find the latest information below.